The Right gets it right?

Bet you never thought you'd see this one on a respectable forum. But this forum is hardly respectable, and neither is rum! This section is for the forbidden: rum and religion, politics and sex. Here's to Frank Zappa and Catholic Girls!
sleepy
King of Koffee

The Right gets it right?

Post by sleepy »

Just listening to NPR news and heard a zip-by report on on the conservative tax reformers who want to do away with ALL tax breaks, preferences and kickbacks. It may be that politics, not righteousness decide the subsidies issue. For once, I'm all "GO WINGNUTS!" (of course, why the hell do I pay more taxes than GE?!?! I'm confused as always!)
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

It is impossible to comprehend the tremendous amount of money, influence and control exerted by ever fewer mega-conglomerates who have no sense of morality, ethics, country or heritage. Indeed the behemoths are larger than the many governments they control.

All is subsumed by profit. Politicians? Buy them. Laws? Ignore or change them (see politicians). Environment? Exploit it at the cost of trivial fines. Taxes? Avoid or escape them. And as for us? We are but bit players who have become expendable and exploitable "human resources", no better or worse than any other raw material.

The commons is for sale and is being purchased to the point that we will have to pay for the air we breathe and the rain that falls.

Taxes is a mere symptom. Corporatization is the problem. We are being catalogued, recorded, and exploited by them unless somehow the public comes to its senses and comes together in common purpose to restore balance.

You know: the old bell curve, a true and dominant middle class, and respect for one another and the gift of the gods - Spaceship Earth - which gave us life and with good and sustainable custodianship will sustain all of us, our children and the children who come.

The time is now. Taxes is just a very small step.