The TPP, when this is passed forget rum, we are all buggered

Bet you never thought you'd see this one on a respectable forum. But this forum is hardly respectable, and neither is rum! This section is for the forbidden: rum and religion, politics and sex. Here's to Frank Zappa and Catholic Girls!
da'rum
Minor God

The TPP, when this is passed forget rum, we are all buggered

Post by da'rum »

The Trans Pacific Partnership. Fascism in it's purest form. Obama and those who financed him into power are pushing it and the fools like my homelands brain damaged right wing prime minister are going to sign up to it. It is a treaty that makes corporations more powerful than governments and removes all pretence of a population governing themselves.

It is a truly scary thing that is about to change the way the world ticks as we know it. I strongly suggest you all learn about it and fight it with everything you have.

Don't take my word for it, all I ask is that you spend a few minutes researching for yourselves.

By clicking of thumbs, something wicked this way comes.
in goes your eye out
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

in goes your eye out
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Americans, think about it...

A huge and absolutlely secret document that was created by and for the mega-corporations. Allow me to quote Ralph Nader's Public Citizen:
" Although it is called a “free trade” agreement, the TPP is not mainly about trade. Of TPP’s 29 draft chapters, only five deal with traditional trade issues. One chapter would provide incentives to offshore jobs to low-wage countries. Many would impose limits on government policies that we rely on in our daily lives for safe food, a clean environment, and more. Our domestic federal, state and local policies would be required to comply with TPP rules.

The TPP would even elevate individual foreign firms to equal status with sovereign nations, empowering them to privately enforce new rights and privileges, provided by the pact, by dragging governments to foreign tribunals to demand taxpayer compensation over policies that they claim undermine their expected future profits.

We only know about the TPP’s threats thanks to leaks – the public is not allowed to see the draft TPP text. Even members of Congress, after being denied the text for years, are now only provided limited access. Meanwhile, more than 600 official corporate “trade advisors” have special access. The TPP has been under negotiation for five years, and the Obama administration wants to sign the deal by early 2014. Opposition to the TPP is growing at home and in many of the other countries involved."

Negotiated in secret over the past five years primarily by about 600 corporate representatives. It actually supercedes sovereign nations by allowing the TPP provisions (favoring the weakest of regulations) to be enforced by corporations against governments. This will supercede laws and courts as we know them: local, county, state, regional and federal - all of whom must bend to the corporate created TPP."
It is a true horror story - put that together with the NSA and militarization of the police and the writing is on the wall. The citizens of the world will have no power, protection or recourse against a few hundred powerful oligarchs. The intended strategy here is to "fast track" this huge and secret document by presenting it with almost no notice, allowing little or no debate but only a "fast track" up-or-down vote by our already purchased politicians.

A call to your representative letting them know you stand against both unregulated spying and the TPP is essential.

https://www.citizen.org/tpp
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

They are pushing the same thing for Europe it's called TTIPP.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

That's right Dai it's a concerted world takeover in one big push. If we all don't fight this tooth and nail corporations like Monsanto, Haliburton, Nestle and Pfizer will achieve what Hitler, Genghis, Stalin and Musolini couldn't. Make no mistake the TPP and TPPIP must be stopped.
in goes your eye out