Preacher: And there he goes again...

Bet you never thought you'd see this one on a respectable forum. But this forum is hardly respectable, and neither is rum! This section is for the forbidden: rum and religion, politics and sex. Here's to Frank Zappa and Catholic Girls!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Preacher: And there he goes again...

Post by Capn Jimbo »

And there he goes again...

What I love about the Preacher is that he's so easy to poke with a stick... his own! On yet another thread about cane juice rums available for tasting in France at the Salon International de l'Agriculture, a poster was exclaiming the virtues of one distilled in Guadeloupe:

"Given the chance, I'd look for something from Distilleries Bologne or Damoiseau. It would be particularly interesting to discover in what way Rhum Bologne, with its low distillation purity, differs from other agricoles."

Of course our AOC biased Preacher jumped right in to throw cold water on this silly notion...
(The Preacher): Actually all of the rhum agricole from the French islands is distilled to about the same purity - 72 %abv.
But in a stroke of intelligent intransigence, this poster (who had obviously read my advice on contradicting the Preacher in his own words by simply searching his own site) held his ground, and found this:
(The Poster)Perhaps I misunderstood, but I was going by the following description of Distillerie Bologne in the Rum Index of this website:

"Bologne is unique in that the rhum is distilled to only 55º to 60º. This allows more of the flavor of the cane juice to come through in the finished product. The low distillation purity also requires careful quality control of the cane, the fermentation process, and the trained fingers of the distiller or maître rhumier. Cane cut from a burned field, for instance, would negatively affect the taste of the finished product."
Once again the Preacher found himself hoisted on his own petard, with enough egg on his face to feed a thousand starving Christians. Who needs fish and loaves with the bumbling Preacher around. And our dear Prophet's reaction?

Silence. He's learning when to shut up. Perhaps in time he'll think before shoots...