Good 'n Plenty - and inexpensive - London Club EMS Elite

Is a smoke (Rudyard Kipling). Smoking has been around since the beginning of time but insofar as more recent times the home of both rum and cigars - a wonderful combination - remains the Caribbean. If you can't find a Cuban, you might try an expatriate smoke like one from Gran Papi Rodriguez and Family in Key West.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Good 'n Plenty - and inexpensive - London Club EMS Elite

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Cigar smokers know good smokes...

...but many of the good smokes can be pricey or very pricey. Most cigar fans are well aware of Arturo Fuente's Hemingway series of varying lengths. Our fave is the "Short Story" which is about a 30 min smoke, just right, but often priced close to $6 - not something you can do everyday.

We love the Hemingway with its tasty Camaroon wrapper, but when you're retired, money gets dear. Not so long ago, da'Rum got me into pipes - which is really much more affordable and with tremendous variety - not to mention the ability to easily blend your own mixtures. Hunting for certain tobaccos took us to a nice tobacconist (a dying breed) who sold good pipes and tobaccos, but also had a small cigar room.

While buying tobacco, Sue Sue just had to have a small cigar - they didn't have our Hemingway, but I saw a small Punch called the "London Club EMS Elite", a 5 x 40 if I remember. Price: just $2.95 or less.

It is generally described as:
  • Cigar Filler: Dominican, Honduran, Nicaraguan
    Cigar Binder: Honduran
    Cigar Wrapper: Ecuadorian
    Cigar Rating: 85
    Country of Manufacture: Honduras
Medium bodied, and can be had for under $2 each (box for around $40). Great even and tight burn, well made, reminiscent of the Hemingway, nice leafy wrapper, deep tones. Smokes well to the end, and reported to age very well. In sum, what more would we want?

Answer: Nada. It's great - and affordable.