Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum
Rum Appreciation by and for the Compleat Idiot

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rumsky: Formula for Ralfy's Rum/Whisky Blend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Up Spirits!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Rumsky: Formula for Ralfy's Rum/Whisky Blend Reply with quote

Finally!

The name "Rumsky" should already be known by most of you, and us too, but I managed to keep skipping the formula. Just happened to review Ralfy's rum video and "Taa-Daa!!" - found it, here (at 8:35):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZIVQe1gD4c

Easy Peasy...

It's 4 bottles of Wray & Nephews, 1 of Ardbeg 10 and One of Caol Ila - which he aged in a used whisky cask for 2 years. The result is a light to medium amber, and he scored it right up there with MGXO at 86 (a tough scorer, he).

In the blending thread in this section, and lacking a barrel, we used an aged rum with just a tiny bit of a medium Islay, and honestly it was just smashing. Added layers and complexity that is really hard to equal.

For the monkeys, thats a powerful but very flavorful white OP, a full on Islay (Ardbeg) and a light Islay (the Caol Ila, used in many blends).

Go to Save Caribbean Rum Petition!
Hassouni
Minor God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caol Ila (and Talisker) being Diageo kills me. I can find indie bottlings of Caol Ila aplenty but nearly none of Talisker.

Either way, I have some Caol Ila left, and some Ardbeg Uigedail, so maybe will try this mix out with some Smith & Cross....
Dai
Minor God

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to taste it just to see!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Up Spirits! All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: