Rumsky: Formula for Ralfy's Rum/Whisky Blend

It's tea time ladies, grab yer mugs! Drink it fast or sip it slow. About glasses, how ta crook yer pinkie, nosing and tasting techniques and equipment. May your cup - and your women - be bottomless!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Rumsky: Formula for Ralfy's Rum/Whisky Blend

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Finally!

The name "Rumsky" should already be known by most of you, and us too, but I managed to keep skipping the formula. Just happened to review Ralfy's rum video and "Taa-Daa!!" - found it, here (at 8:35):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZIVQe1gD4c

Easy Peasy...

It's 4 bottles of Wray & Nephews, 1 of Ardbeg 10 and One of Caol Ila - which he aged in a used whisky cask for 2 years. The result is a light to medium amber, and he scored it right up there with MGXO at 86 (a tough scorer, he).

In the blending thread in this section, and lacking a barrel, we used an aged rum with just a tiny bit of a medium Islay, and honestly it was just smashing. Added layers and complexity that is really hard to equal.

For the monkeys, thats a powerful but very flavorful white OP, a full on Islay (Ardbeg) and a light Islay (the Caol Ila, used in many blends).
Hassouni
Minor God

Post by Hassouni »

Caol Ila (and Talisker) being Diageo kills me. I can find indie bottlings of Caol Ila aplenty but nearly none of Talisker.

Either way, I have some Caol Ila left, and some Ardbeg Uigedail, so maybe will try this mix out with some Smith & Cross....
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

I'd love to taste it just to see!
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition