And welcome to Bearmark - the Beermeister!

The problem with beer was that it wouldn't survive a long voyage, ergo rum and other distilled spirits. Still, beer later became a wondrous thing, with each community having its own unique brewery and style. We were loyal! That changed, but of late, Craft Brewing appeared and gone mad - with over 3000 of the buggers and 100's of weekly new releases, ergo a blood, er beerbath is in the offing. Until then - this section...
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

And welcome to Bearmark - the Beermeister!

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome to our Moderator...

...Bearmark. The Bear has been around for awhile, with more than a few good posts. Mark has his own whiskey and spirits blog - if you haven't checked it out, is available at this profile. Don't miss it. Mark volunteered to manage the suds here.

Some history: Bear was also chosen to review Cleveland Whiskey's magic "6-day bourbon", for two reasons: he knows bourbon far better than I ever will, not to mention my position on "fast aging" (supersonic in this case) is so well known that a bad review from me - however honest - would be seen as prejudiced.

The surprise...

I had no idea that Mark is a bit of beer fanatic, and if I recall, has tasted a couple hundred of them, but I'll let him tell his own story. Meanwhile...

Welcome Mark, aka Bear aka Bearmark - and now the Beermeister!
bearmark
Beermeister

Post by bearmark »

I've had almost 400 distinct beers over the last 2-3 years, so I've sampled a lot. What's really amazing is that I've passed up probably many times that amount. The proliferation of craft beer these days is staggering!

As far as styles, I'm primarily a fan of IPAs and stouts, but I'm enjoying the Belgian ales much more these days and starting to explore sours. Of course, when the Fall arrives, I like to enjoy the seasonal pumpkin ales and I also like to sample the various Christmas ales made available late in the year.

Grab a pint and share the experience with the rest of us!

PS - If you'd like to track what I've been drinking, then get the Brewski Me app (iOS only... sorry Android fans) and add me as a friend (bearmark, just as here on the project, although I would've chasen beermark, if I'd been thinking).
Mark Hébert
Rum References: Flor de Caña 18 (Demeraran), The Scarlet Ibis (Trinidadian), R.L. Seale 10 (Barbadian), Appleton Extra (Jamaican), Ron Abuelo 12 (Cuban), Barbancourt 5-Star (Agricole)
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Thinking is highly overrated...

But 400! I was off by two hundred, good grief. Now I KNOW we're in good hands. I for one, am extremely grateful to the Bear for volunteering to lead us down yet another path to fun, knowledge and oral gratification...