Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum
Rum Appreciation by and for the Compleat Idiot

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And welcome to Bearmark - the Beermeister!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Beer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:40 am    Post subject: And welcome to Bearmark - the Beermeister! Reply with quote

Welcome to our Moderator...

...Bearmark. The Bear has been around for awhile, with more than a few good posts. Mark has his own whiskey and spirits blog - if you haven't checked it out, is available at this profile. Don't miss it. Mark volunteered to manage the suds here.

Some history: Bear was also chosen to review Cleveland Whiskey's magic "6-day bourbon", for two reasons: he knows bourbon far better than I ever will, not to mention my position on "fast aging" (supersonic in this case) is so well known that a bad review from me - however honest - would be seen as prejudiced.

The surprise...

I had no idea that Mark is a bit of beer fanatic, and if I recall, has tasted a couple hundred of them, but I'll let him tell his own story. Meanwhile...

Welcome Mark, aka Bear aka Bearmark - and now the Beermeister!

Go to Save Caribbean Rum Petition!
bearmark
Beermeister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had almost 400 distinct beers over the last 2-3 years, so I've sampled a lot. What's really amazing is that I've passed up probably many times that amount. The proliferation of craft beer these days is staggering!

As far as styles, I'm primarily a fan of IPAs and stouts, but I'm enjoying the Belgian ales much more these days and starting to explore sours. Of course, when the Fall arrives, I like to enjoy the seasonal pumpkin ales and I also like to sample the various Christmas ales made available late in the year.

Grab a pint and share the experience with the rest of us!

PS - If you'd like to track what I've been drinking, then get the Brewski Me app (iOS only... sorry Android fans) and add me as a friend (bearmark, just as here on the project, although I would've chasen beermark, if I'd been thinking).
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking is highly overrated...

But 400! I was off by two hundred, good grief. Now I KNOW we're in good hands. I for one, am extremely grateful to the Bear for volunteering to lead us down yet another path to fun, knowledge and oral gratification...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Beer All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: