"Bulletproof coffee"...it's real, have ya tried it

Coffee, cigars and rum go togther like priests and choirboys. Indeed the brothers are known to have a tipple now and then. Oh and some rum, cigars and Belgian beer as well, lol...
Uisge
Cap'n

"Bulletproof coffee"...it's real, have ya tried it

Post by Uisge »

It's amazing the rabbit trails one can go down on the interwebz, and what started out for me as a viewing a series from "Munchies" with a young lady named Charlet visiting several locations in Scotland over 5 videos that highlights Alba's natural abundance in foods (episode 1 features a "Mad Chef" in Glasgow that makes a pulled pork sandwich using that other national drink, Irn-Bru, and a fabulous ice cream made using Buckfast fortfied wine, episode 2 features Bruichladdich Distillery on Islay, then to Mull for fresh seafood, later episode shows the young lady trying an Arbroath smokie fresh made, then taking her first kill on a deer hunt...go watch them all) led to an interesting article about the aforementioned [url=lhttp://munchies.vice.com/articles/bulletproof-coffee-is-not-for-the-faint-of-heart/]bulletproof coffee[/url] improved with a different buzz inducer, aka, pot.

I'm not going to play up the use of hashish and bulletproof coffee (although the combination of the creativity released by the THC and the drive of a sustained caffeine buzz was somewhat interesting....and according to an extract from a book written by Jonathon Green for The Guardian in Oct. 11, 2002 edition,Le Club des Hachichins, consisting of Alexandre Dumas, Gérard de Nerval, Victor Hugo, Honoré de Balzac, Charles Baudelaire, Eugène Delacroix and many others who were part of the research of one Dr Jacques-Joseph Moreau, later published by him in his book Hashish and Mental Illness and making him the forerunner in the study of the effects of drugs on the human nervous system), which actually happened.

What I found more interesting that the interplay between the butter and the caffeine was something that was experienced by Dave Aprey when drinking yak tea with butter at 18,000 feet in Tibet.*Warning to the Capn, this guy is a Silicon Valley investor and technology entrepreneur who, according to his own site, The Bulletproof Executive, spent 15 years and over $300,000 to hack his own biology. *

Apparently, the butter slows the caffeine intake so as to make it last longer and not spike. Combine that with a spliff or a button of hashish and I wouldn't doubt there would be some spark of creativity that might turn into something with the push of caffeine drive in ones system...or it could devolve into binge-watching Dr. Who.

Interesting stuff, yes?

ANYhoo, have any of you tried buttered coffee, and if so, have you noticed the more beneficial, sustained buzz and the lessening of the crash afterwards?
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

The yak in the room...

That's a mighty long, well-written, well-cited and interesting article from a clearly well, uh, engaged and energetic author? Do tell...
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

I shall have to pay particular attention the next time I have buttered toast with my morning coffee.

As for the other, I am unable to help with the research, for in my job there is always a 300lb piss test or follicle test hiding around the corner, with a blackjack.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Now of course this guy seems to be just a modern Yak Oil salesman, but this time...

. . . . . . .Image

...with a website instead of a wagon. But who knows, he just might be onto something. Maybe butter does prolong coffee delivered caffeine et al. But didn't we already know this? Of course. After all, when you think about it how many people over the years - like the Tot - started their day with coffee (or tea) and some nice buttered rye toast, a muffin, scone, biscuit or a fat saturated sweet roll? Many people even dip their toast or donut into the coffee.

Coffee with cream is nothing new, but this latest gimmick has people making their own DIY "bulletproof coffee" with butter, coconut oil and the like. All said though, it's what we do when the world is going to hell and we need yet another Hula Hoop diversion. In truth, this one seems to be related to, or grown out of something called the "Paleo" diet (that of early man, fulls of fats and protein).

Coming soon: Bulletproof Rum with not only added sugar, but added caffeine and butter. Yak, yak, yak...

http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-deal ... fee-190911
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

Haha Bulletproof rum... Rum Project group buy???
sleepy
King of Koffee

Post by sleepy »

I remember a great Nat. Geo. article many years ago about exploring the Nepalese highlands and the (ahem) interesting affects of the butter which was a blend of yak milk and hemp seed! Hmmmm! Tasty coffee - both stimulating and relaxing :D