Happy to be Here!

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Knilas
Oscar

Happy to be Here!

Post by Knilas »

Hello all!

The name is Scott and I live in Ohio. I currently have extremely limited knowledge of Rum, but I hope to change that after lurking around here for awhile. My first taste came just a few weeks ago when I had about 4 fingers of Zacapa 23 and fell in love. Being an avid cigar smoker, the pairing of stogie and rum just seemed natural. Since then, I've been on the hunt for more of that tasty libation.

Excited to be amongst ya...eager to learn as much as I possibly can!

Thanks for having me...

Scott :D
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

Welcome, Scott!

Zacapa "23" brought a lot of us in to the rum camp.

Now that you've found the right place (as I did only recently), there's a whole pile of great info on the realities of rum, the great opportunities therein, and the knowledge to avoid the many mistakes most of us made trying to "learn off the box store shelf".

Looking forward to your posts.
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Welcome Scott

If I may make one or two suggestions for you.

Pusser's Rum
Seale's 10
Appleton 12
Mount Gay XO

Try those to get you going.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Times two...

Glad to see you here - we're all in this together in a common goal of appreciating fine and pure rum, not to mention any well produced, quality spirits. And yes - cigars! In that section. BTW, Sue Sea (my partner) joins you in enjoying a good cigar with a great rum.

Have fun!
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Welcome, as a keen cigar smoker I look forward to your thoughts in the cigar section.

Cheers
in goes your eye out
Knilas
Oscar

Post by Knilas »

With such a warm and friendly welcome, I'm positive I am going to enjoy my time here, and of course make some good friends in the process. :p

Thanks everyone!
DiploMATTico
Oscar

Post by DiploMATTico »

welcome aboard from a 2 week old newby. this place is great. good people and great rum discussion. learned so much from perusing the forums old and new.

those recommendations are top notch. I was drawn to rum at first by many of the ages sweeter rums but quickly have come to appreciate the craft "straight" rum presentations like seales and appleton 12.
Knilas
Oscar

Post by Knilas »

Thanks for the recommendations! Currently stocking zacapa 23, zaya yr, Bacardi 8 and Diplo reserva exclusiva. On the hunt for a bottle or two of El D 12. ;)