Papagayo White rum

Thanks to JaRiMi, one of the very few honest and rum knowledgable experts about - and an advocate of a Trinidadian style. The rum to cause this category: Scarlet Ibis.
mamajuana
Admiral

Papagayo White rum

Post by mamajuana »

I felt the need recently to make note of a great white rum I have recently sampled a bottle of. I would call this near the top of white rums out there.

Papagayo white rum from Paraguay. USDA Certified Organic, UK certified organic, Fair trade certified, Gluten free, sugar free. "The sugar cane used to produce Papagayo is organic, it is exceptionally pure, untainted by chemical pesticides or sewage sludge fertilizers. "

"Today some 800 families participate in this project, and Papagayo is both Certificated Organic by the USDA and Fair Trade Certified by the International Fair Trade Association."

http://www.altitudespirits.com/portfolio/papagayo.html

A very crisp, clean spirit, a strong rum, while very smooth. Too easy to sip this one neat. Nearly Bajan in style, this rum has a real kick to it but remains very smooth and offers a quick finish. Incredible offering even if not reduced incredibly.

I recently was able to purchase this rum at a close out from 29.99 a bottle to 9.99 a bottle (no price listed on sale). I bought one and noticed one of my clubs had it discounted to 9.99 without a sign noticing this... I had the first and went back and got the remaining 5 bottles.

There is also a spiced version that has been aged that I will sample as time allows. This one is a real winner clean, crisp, and pure.