Old Dublin

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
Dai
Minor God

Old Dublin

Post by Dai »

Just had a bowl of Old Dublin (in a legend cob) for the first time Oooff lovely stuff. Just before that I had a half bowl of Mac Baren Navy Flake in my new falcon bowl (gorgeous colour on it, pity it won't retain it's original colouring). One on the right is only five weeks old and it's gone a dark chocolate brown colour.

Got to say the Navy Flake was superb in a new bowl, contemplating reserving this bowl just for the Navy Flake. We'll see how she smokes with a full bowl when it's broken in.

Last edited by Dai on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

You're a man of taste Dai. I have the exact Falcon stem and bowl. The Old Dublin is top class as well, do yourself a favour and jar some up for 6 months and go back to it. The time really rounds the blend out.
in goes your eye out
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

da'rum wrote:You're a man of taste Dai. I have the exact Falcon stem and bowl. The Old Dublin is top class as well, do yourself a favour and jar some up for 6 months and go back to it. The time really rounds the blend out.
Has your bowl changed colour?
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition