Mr Brog Pipes?

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Not my cup of tea but can't argue the price!
in goes your eye out
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

I know exactly what you mean d', lol...

...but oddly enough this chunky chunk of wood which looks almost idiotic in a photo, actually looks good in the mouth. I had exactly the same reaction as you, then did the usual pose in the mirror thing - that we all do, admit it - and to my surprise, it was very attractive in context.

The stem is nice and broad, easy clench, super easy draw (esp. with the 9mm filter removed), pear wood is lighter than briar, and the thick wood dissipates any heat nicely. Well fit stem, perfect draw hole placement. And you'll never misplace this one, lol...
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

I'm a fan of Mr Brog pipes. Brilliant smokers I think every pipe smoker should own at least one of these pipes. I've only heard two reports on there briar pipes one from you Jimbo and one from youtube both rate them as good as there pear wood pipes and they are good.

People like to knock them but rave on corn cobs. I think they smoke nearly as good as cobs but, being wood they will ghost.

Look forward to your futre report Jimbo.

Nice looking pipe.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition