Bless you my child: toward a theology of pipe smoking...

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Bless you my child: toward a theology of pipe smoking...

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Guys, I think you may really like this one...

...written by a seminarian who found pipe smoking a spiritual experience. A fun read that you can easily download if you wish...

Part One
http://www.jimscigarandpipe.info/Theolo ... of%202.pdf

Part Two
http://www.jimscigarandpipe.info/Theolo ... of%202.pdf

Take it from me - this is actually a brilliant piece of work that will tickle your medulla - and soul as well...

Note: a very interesting section on blending on page 22 and a number of his recipes in the final pages of the end addenda...
Last edited by Capn Jimbo on Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

a bump for a reason...

I finally had a bit of time to start actually reading this with care and found it more than competent. This is really a brilliant piece, reads easily and won't take you nearly as long as you imagine.

I know both Dai and da'rum will like this one, a combination of (truly now) - pipe theology as he defines itm and lots of practicality as well. He is near fanatical about meerschaum, but its his overall take that is completely unique, and not just another older manuscript.

Length: more like a short story. Do me this: read the first 15 pages (won't take you long at all) and you'll be hooked. I guarantee it.
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Nice find CJ. Will read it later.
in goes your eye out