Hello from Arizona

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
19Jamie76
Cabin Boy

Hello from Arizona

Post by 19Jamie76 »

Hello everyone...

After a few bumps along the way, I'm finally registered.

My name is Jamie and I currently live in southern Arizona.

I've been a lurker on this site for quite some time and really like what this site is trying to accomplish. I started out on the rum journey just trying to pick up a few bottles to have when friends stopped by. This invariably lead to the popular rums of the time (i.e., Zacapa, Pyrat, etc, etc).

As time went on, I developed a taste for bourbons. I enjoyed the fact that you could get a pure, unadulterated product at reasonable prices. Of course we are now seeing a huge surge in bourbon demand which is driving up the prices.

This has lead me back to rum. I figured there must be producers out there that don't feel the need to add sugars and other additives to their products. I don't feel the need to spend large sums of money on what is nothing more than a glorified liqueur.

Unfortunately, we don't have much to choose from (at least here in the States) in the rum category if you are looking for purity. I'm really hoping this changes.
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Hi Jamie, welcome. Now you've made it through Jimbo's registration tango you can enjoy the forum to its fullest. Expect the complimentary jetski sometime next week. ;)
in goes your eye out
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Jamie...

da'rum is just jealous. When he came in it was just a medium point Bic pen... but trust me, you are among the finest group of rum lovers that I have had the great privilege of meeting and with whom I associate.

da'rum pulls no punches, but then again nor do
most of our regulars, bic pens and jet skis aside...
sleepy
King of Koffee

Post by sleepy »

Welcome Jamie,

I don't know where in S AZ you are, but there are 2 Total Wines in the Tuscon area. There (if they are allowed liquor sales), you can find all of the excellent FourSquare products - RL Seale's - an easy top 3 in the world, Doorly's XO -- good experimental aged rum, Doorly's 5 - best bargain in mixing rum and the various Foursquare rums, including a nice spiced.

My current favorite - Pusser's Blue is usually not in TW, but widely available - give it a chance, it takes a while to grow on you.

For a chunk more, I also really like Appleton Extra 12 - but only on a splurge @ $40

Anyway, welcome and enjoy the crazies (& beware the earnest!)
19Jamie76
Cabin Boy

Post by 19Jamie76 »

Hello Sleepy...

I'm just south of Tucson. Both Total Wines are frequent stops for me when I'm up there.

Unfortunately, TW really appears to be stocking more and more of the Captain Morgan/Bacardi bottles. Their rum selection has been suffering as of late (it really wasn't that great to begin with). However, that being said, I do buy the Appleton 12, Doorly's XO and RL Seale's 10 with no issues, as they don't seem to sell as quickly as Captain Morgan Spice, etc. That is fine. More for me. :wink: Doorly's XO is definitely one of, if not the best valued rums out there. I pay a little over $15 with tax.
smooged
Landlubber

albuterol sulfate Stay up-to-date on the latest medications for managing symptoms of schizophrenia. Get information here

Post by smooged »

<a href="https://www.pinterest.com/plaquenil200mg/">hcq</a> Are there government-sponsored programs that provide assistance for asthma medications.
vilitra canada hydroxychlor tab 200mg