Wild Turkey 81

What is feckin whiskey doing on the net's leading independent rum website? There's a reason, read on, but it's not my fault! Honest...
The Fat Rum Pirate
Quartermaster

Wild Turkey 81

Post by The Fat Rum Pirate »

Anyone have much experience of this bourbon?

Seems a pretty decent drink at a very reasonable price. Noticeably better than Jim Beam Black though my Bourbon is experience is very limited.
dawsonh
Greaser

Post by dawsonh »

I was gifted a bottle of the 101 and have enjoyed the heck out of it. I needed to experiment with adding water; but the result was satisfying. You can often get it on sale in the $19 range. Great value!

As per Jimbo's Russell's Reserve review it is great fun to sip some bourbon one in a while to refresh the taste buds. Creamy corn, oaky vanilla… and lots of spice,
Dai
Minor God

Re: Wild Turkey 81

Post by Dai »

The Fat Rum Pirate wrote:Anyone have much experience of this bourbon?

Seems a pretty decent drink at a very reasonable price. Noticeably better than Jim Beam Black though my Bourbon is experience is very limited.
The two I can recommend are:
Buffalo Trace £20 in Tesco
Four Roses £30 in Tesco

The Buffalo Trace is a good allrounder can be mixed or straight and, it's a lot better than the Beam.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
The Fat Rum Pirate
Quartermaster

Re: Wild Turkey 81

Post by The Fat Rum Pirate »

Dai wrote:
The Fat Rum Pirate wrote:Anyone have much experience of this bourbon?

The two I can recommend are:
Buffalo Trace £20 in Tesco
Four Roses £30 in Tesco

The Buffalo Trace is a good allrounder can be mixed or straight and, it's a lot better than the Beam.
I don't mind Jim Beam White Label on special but the Western Gold in Lidl is okay as well.

Not sure if Bourbon is as diverse as rum but I think I'll certainly try a few more as I do enjoy it as a change.

A few Rye Whiskey's as well maybe.

Cheers Dai
Hassouni
Minor God

Post by Hassouni »

101 is where it's at. I don't like bourbon (or rather, I don't dislike it, but in my view it is the most boring of all aged spirits), but I love some WT 101.

Old Grand Dad (OGD) 100 or better yet 114 is also a rock solid, value priced firewater (in the best way possible)

I'm also of the opinion that bourbon NEEDS to be 50+% ABV, it's too insipid at lower volumes.