10 Cane Rum

Thanks to JaRiMi, one of the very few honest and rum knowledgable experts about - and an advocate of a Trinidadian style. The rum to cause this category: Scarlet Ibis.
rockinrum
Oscar

10 Cane Rum

Post by rockinrum »

I was recently told by a local liquor store clerk that 10 Cane Rum was discontinued. Can anyone confirm this? If so, I have to immediately go on the hunt!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

He's right...

Long ago d/c'd and for good reason. I would run - not toward - but away from this one. The review:
http://rumproject.com/rumforum//viewtopic.php?t=25
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

Seconded. I bought this one to try back in about 2008-9 or thereabouts during a whirlwind romance in Florida.

I got to the end of the relationship before I got to the end of the bottle. We couldn't even mix it pleasantly. Just in-your-face alcohol.

I'm a different drinker now, with different taste sensibilities. But you'd have to pay me to try 10 Cane again. It shan't be missed.
jankdc
Cap'n

Post by jankdc »

I thought I saw some recently. If so, I would try it again. Seale is supposed to be producing it.
Rum Reviews Rankings and Cheat Sheet
References: MGXO, R Mat. GR, Scar Ibis, Apple 12, Barb 5, Pusser's, Wray and Neph, ED 15, 10Cn, West Plant, R Barc Imp.