Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum
Rum Appreciation by and for the Compleat Idiot

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rum Review: Ron Abuelo Anejo Reserva Especial Rum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Cuban Style Rum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you rate Ron Abuelo Anejo Rum (5 is best)?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Rum Review: Ron Abuelo Anejo Reserva Especial Rum Reply with quote

Ron Abuelo Anejo Reserva Especial Rum: "A Breath of Fresh Air"

Ron Abuelo Anejo is a well respected Panamanian rum, molasses based. The color is a light amber; it is a BTI best buy. This evening Sue Sea and I decided to taste both this rum and its 7 year big brother (see also our comparative tastings of Ron Barrilito Two Star and Three Star). I must say that I have learned not to judge rums by their color - truly a waste of time, as caramel is often added for just that purpose - but of course there's nothing like a gorgeous clear, dark amber. The reviews:

Sue Sea:

Quote:
Ron Abuelo Anejo has a beautiful light, fresh pleasant aroma - clear and clean, citrusy and pleasant. Nice. But this rum is really all about the taste: explosive! - peppery, smoky, a bit of maple syrup. Like lightly burnt pancakes. The finish is short and very mild in comparison, distant really.

Me:

One night when I was typing away I decided to pour a Ron Abuelo Anejo to keep me company. And had another, and yet another. It was easy to sip, perhaps too easy. I do love the explosive, peppery taste, you know you're drinking a real rum. But without a good finish you are caused to drink a bit faster and a bit more to enjoy it. Like that's a problem, lol...

Rating (10 is best): Sue Sea - 5, Capn Jimbo - 6.

Note: This is an early review, and must be so considered. Much, much later we had the opportunity to revisit all three Ron Abeulos' - the Anejo Especial, the 7 Anos Superior and the 12 Anos Gran Reserva and published our updated comparisons (here).

Go to Save Caribbean Rum Petition!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Cuban Style Rum All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: