Review: Sutliff's Alexander Bridge

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Review: Sutliff's Alexander Bridge

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Sutliff's Alexander Bridge: Apricot Brandy

As posted over at TR by moi...
"Tin note, medium fruity/red wine, lovely ribbon cut, easy packing, easy light, easy burn, easy smoking. Rather that be repetitive just refer to Jimlinks review up top, as he has precisely and accurately torn this one apart to reveal all it's elements - I agree with his scoring as well.

What I will do is speak to the integrated effect. This is not a complex blend, but rather an extremely pleasant way to experience the lighter lemony Virginias, delivered with a rather singular apricot brandy/wine overtone for a nice mild, easy smoking and very pleasant Virginia experience (whatever burley is WAY in the background). Burns very easily and steadily, so sipping is easy, and will extend and expand your experience. The burn is so easy, that sipping is preferable - not really to avoid burn - but to get the most from the Virginia. Take your time, and enjoy.

Very nice - dried apricot is not a typical note, but one that will surprise you with its surprising sophistication. Nice. Would buy it again..."
As an addendum Jimlnks at TR stated:
"A mild and tasty mix of red and gold Virginias with some burley. The burley adds a very slight nutty note, and the gold Virginia chips in with a very light lemon hit with a touch of cavendish. There's a lightly added topping that reminds me of red wine, along with a light apricot and honey essence that hints of sweet bread flavor. The flavors expertly meld to create a well balanced semi-sweet all day smoke with no bite, no goop, and an even burn rate."
In sum, a very pleasant introduction to light Virginia.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/4593#review81185