An Apple a Day Dept: may alter your DNA (hey it rhymes..)

Bet you never thought you'd see this one on a respectable forum. But this forum is hardly respectable, and neither is rum! This section is for the forbidden: rum and religion, politics and sex. Here's to Frank Zappa and Catholic Girls!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

An Apple a Day Dept: may alter your DNA (hey it rhymes..)

Post by Capn Jimbo »

I'm reasonably sure that most of us would prefer to know what we are eating...

...and for most, that does NOT include GMO modified Frankenfoods. The latest is apparently something called the Artic Apple (just as trustworthy as the Artic Wonder). It has been modified so that even when cut and displayed, it won't turn brown! I'm serious.

Now our friends in Europe have already decided that GMO's are not good, and/or must be labelled, but of course the King of Profiteering - the United States - could care less, as long as you buy and eat it.

Some Good News!

Even though our good corporate citizens have made it impossible to label GMO's here, to my surprise I found a way to determine this...
"Did you know? Those small stickers found on fruits and vegetables contain Price Look-Up Codes (PLU). Four-digit codes indicate the produce is conventionally grown. Five-digit codes that begin with 9 indicate organic produce. Five-digit codes that begin with 8 indicate the produce item was developed with biotechnology."
http://www.arcticapples.com/arctic-appl ... nvironment

Interestingly, this valuable tidbit appeared at Artic Apples own site - apparently they expect some resistance, ergo they have revealed a way for the anal retentive label readers to decode their evil ways. Furthermore, this coding - if widespread - perhaps portends that the industry is already preparing for a possible change in the law...