Hello from IWB HQ

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
inwithbacchus
Landlubber

Hello from IWB HQ

Post by inwithbacchus »

Hey all!

A while ago I noticed a lot of traffic coming from a link on a forum I'd never heard of: Capn Jimbo's Rum Project. Decided to take a peek at what was up and was delighted to find a massive catalog of rum knowledge and banter that I had completely missed.

A bit about me: I am In With Bacchus. I'm that guy that writes, at length, about science-y things in booze. I have a fierce passion for high-ester Jamaican rum (I like drinking burning tires and bananas), grassy rhum agricole, and overproof rums. I am by no means an expert of rum; I still keep stumbling over brands and bottles that I've never heard of. So I hope that you'll permit me to learn as much as I can here. Want to thank Capn Jimbo for letting me sneak in here, and all of you (preemptively) for putting up with me. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge base and sharing what I can!

-Bacchus / Scott
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

I'm always fascinated with e-names, and so it goes with Mr. Bacchus. I knew the name was from ancient times, but I couldn't quite place this one.
"The Roman god of wine and intoxication, equated with the Greek Dionysus. His festival was celebrated on March 16 and 17. The Bacchanalia, orgies in honor of Dionysus, were introduced in Rome around 200 BCE. These infamous celebrations, notorious for their sexual and criminal character, got so out of hand that they were forbidden by the Roman Senate in 186 BCE. Bacchus is also identified with the old-Italian god Liber. "
Welcome. You are among your own kind - sexual and criminal. But no one can match da'rum's orgies...