Cigars, Rum and Orgasms Dept: JW Green and RP Blue

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Cigars, Rum and Orgasms Dept: JW Green and RP Blue

Post by Capn Jimbo »

The only thing that would make this better...

Would be a good, well, I won't go there. Let's say I was in a position to celebrate. I was. And let's say I decided to light up a very interesting stogie. I did. And let's say a good cigar almost demands a good rum or whisky. It did.

And what did I pick?

1. First, the smoke. I attended a Rocky Patel demo at Neptune Cigars of Miami and Ft. L., the Total Wine & Spirits of cigars & pipes. It is huge. I ended up buying $50 worth of RP's on special, which included the Vintage 2003 Camaroon, an oversize Robusto, reviewed for its long aged, carmelized Camaroon wrapper.

It was excquisite - not terribly complex, but terribly delicious with a pleasant fermented and creamy sweetness that you simply must try. I'md serious. Normally about $8, about $3 past my limit short of the special.

2. Then I longed for a companion which turned out to be from a treasure, irreplaceable and truly great dram: Johnny Walker Green Label. JWG has a Speyside element I'd guess, which adds the kind of sweetness that of which only a great single malt is capable.

Together? Heaven.
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Post by edgarallanpoe »

My wife and I love JWG...even better than the Blue IMHO.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

I completely agree. I was VERY disappointed by the 0.1%'s "Blue". Green was magical, the best of all the JW's IMHO. YMMV.
inwithbacchus
Landlubber

Post by inwithbacchus »

I really enjoy Blue but I'd never reach for it at the price. If it was $50 or $60 USD less, I would but as it stands their other lines are better value for price and are just more utilitarian (mixed drinks, neat, pairing).

Been awhile since I've had any RP as well. I used to love the Edge Maduros but ever since he began churning out three new cigars a year I kinda lost interest. Could go for an Edge now, though.
NCyankee
Admiral

Post by NCyankee »

Green is back. Priced a little higher than it used to be, at $55-60. I used to get it for around $45.