'ello from Denmark

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Kimbo
Landlubber

'ello from Denmark

Post by Kimbo »

Hi guys

Time for the obligatory introduction. I'll keep it short and sweet. Not that I'm lazy, just not interesting enough to fill my introductory rum-bio with more than a couple of lines. Well, at least not at the moment. Trying to broaden my horizon and be all of the rum-man I can be. That's why I found my way onto this treasure chest of knowledge about all things rum :D

So, basically. Been in the wine and spirits business as a salesman, for more than a decade know. My focus has mostly been on the wine side of things, but a couple of years ago, I began focusing more on spirits and as a part of that switch of focus/interest, I've had the privilege of visiting a bunch of whisky distilleries and tasting some of the finest scottish spirits directly from the barrel. So, with the wine and whisky side of things covered, I think it's time to devote myself to some serious geeking out about rum.
I've always had a soft spot for rum. It's obviously a delicious and fascinating spirit and I had the fortune of entering the business, just when rum really began to take off in Denmark. So I hope that I've managed to acquire some knowledge that's worth sharing with you guys. Although I happily accept my position as nothing more than a novice, in the ranks of Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum, and my (admittedly egotistical) main objective simply is: to learn :)

There you have it. Thanks for having me, I hope there be no dragons in these waters.
Just trying to learn a thing or two about rum, and grow my little e commerce site High Spirits into something awesome :)
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

G'day Kimbo, welcome. Where in Denmark are you? I'm just around the corner ;)
in goes your eye out
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome!

Readers should note that an unofficial list of important Danish inventions include:
  • Magnetic storage
    The loud speaker
    The dry cell (batteries)
    Insulin
    The fiberscope (advanced microscope)
    Lego toy building blocks, and last but not least...

The Ostomy bag
The last being of special interest to our older rum afficianados, lol...