Hello from Taiwan

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
SlowRain
Oscar

Hello from Taiwan

Post by SlowRain »

Hello, everyone.

I'm a Canadian expat from Taiwan. I became curious about rum a long time ago, but mainly just stuck with Captain & Coke. It wasn't until I moved to Taiwan that I had to find something else. In case you didn't know, Asia is a virtual rum desert. At that time, it was Myers's, Bacardi 8, or La Tondena. Still, I persevered. There are a few more rums now, but they're relatively expensive. My favorite so far is R. L. Seale's 10.

In addition to rum, I'm also into coffee and espresso--even roasting my own beans. I enjoy reading and watching movies, and I shave with a straight razor and hone it on natural stones.

I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.
RobBosman87
Greaser

Post by RobBosman87 »

Hey, a familiar name!
Good to see you here too.
Always assumed you were a native from Taiwan. :lol:
Cheers,

Rob
SlowRain
Oscar

Post by SlowRain »

Yeah, whenever possible I try to write "a Canadian expat in Taiwan" on forums or social media under the location heading to avoid exactly that confusion. The other forum you and I both post on doesn't allow user-defined text in the location field, so I had to choose from the predefined options in the dropdown box.