A new forum for an old favorite

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
techdiver
Landlubber

A new forum for an old favorite

Post by techdiver »

Rum happens to be an old favorite, as well as a current favorite to sip while smoking a fine cigar. I've posted reviews on other sites for beer, cigars, and absinthe. Favorite pastimes include cruise ship travel and SCUBA diving. Must admit my present collection of absinthes exceeds my current collection of rums, but that is largely because my travels through the Caribbean allowed me to acquire and finish many fine bottles of rum. My favorite is now available in our state stores, so it's no longer a matter of having to bring a bottle back.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

It's nice to have you aboard mate. Rum is an interesting journey, and can be a nice companion to a decent cigar. We do look forward to your comments and perhaps even a review or two...

Welcome from Sue Sea and I - two expats also from Pennsylvania...
techdiver
Landlubber

Post by techdiver »

Having gone through a Tiki phase of late, I had a just released absinthe stop me in my tracks. For a few years the only forum I've been active on is that of the Wormwood Society. With over 40 bottles of absinthe of my own, besides having sampled many more at events, I know a good absinthe. Now if any of you have any interest in absinthe, I can most heartily recommend Berthe de Joux as perhaps the best absinthe I've had. It's even on par with some of the pre-ban samples I've had, plus it lacks that feuille morte coloration which I found a bit strange. But then 100 years in a bottle is bound to have some effect. Sadly, the only way to get this presently is from the Emile Pernot website http://en.emilepernot.fr/. After trying my first bottle, I immediately went back and ordered 4 more bottles. Over $200 order gets you free shipping, which is problematic with those "across-the-pond" shipments.
DEF
Cabin Boy

Post by DEF »

You share my 2 favorite activities, rum and diving.