Recommendations requested

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Beukeboom
Quartermaster

Recommendations requested

Post by Beukeboom »

Not too long from now I will have the opportunity to visit not one but two Total Wines & More on the east coast of Florida. I plan on replenishing my Doorly's at the very least. Any recommendations of good rums they carry? Not interested in getting agricoles this trip since I still have plenty from previous excursions to New Orleans and Jacksonville.

Thanks in advance.
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Post by edgarallanpoe »

The Mezan rums are top notch. The Seale's 10 is a must. Depending on you budget, the Berry's are also fantastic.
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

Total Wine for me = Berry's.

They're Guyanan selections are stellar. That's my focus. But the Nicaraguan is also pretty great, as is the Caribbean XO, which is Caroni.

Good luck and have fun, and tell us how you do.
JaRiMi
Admiral

Post by JaRiMi »

Berry Bros bottlings are generally very good, and without additives. The Caribbean XO is a very fine example of Caroni rum, and quite reasonably priced.
Beukeboom
Quartermaster

Post by Beukeboom »

Sadly, neither the TW&M in Jacksonville nor the one at Daytona Beach had any Berry's rum. They did have other Berry's products just none of the rums. The Mezan's they had onhand were ones I already have. I did replenish the Doorly's (got the last 12-year Doorly's at the Jax TW&M) and got two bottles of Afrohead XO. Picked up a few new rums to try (mostly miniatures in case they turn out to be terrible...that way I didn't waste too much money).