Happy Valley Hello

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
rmb30
Landlubber

Happy Valley Hello

Post by rmb30 »

Greetings from Happy Valley, AKA State College, Pennsylvania. I've enjoyed "rum" for quite a while. Always disguised in kahlua-n-creams, pina coladas, frozen strawberry daiquiris....so, not really. Then about a year ago, my son gave me as a present a bottle of El Dorado 21 yr. So, THIS is rum. I was hooked. ...and fascinated.

Acknowledging that I know nothing of the world of rum I began searching the web, reading books ('And a Bottle of Rum', and others), sampling, testing recipes, etc. I've thoroughly enjoyed the Rum Project, so thought it time to step up.

Nice work!
Cheers,
Rick
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome....

....and thank you for your kind words. Unlike most commercial sites, we are honored to have found a number of truly dedicated and caring afficianados, and have simply provided a place for them to share their experiences and knowledge.

It is no secret that we seek and promote true purity and transparency - that will never change. If sugar has become an issue it's due to the unceasing efforts of those here and who have worked to expose this horrible practice and cheating.

The word is out and the Master Sugar List is now well known to the rum world, referred to by thousands. Ten years ago sugar and additives were never even discussed - that has really changed, led mostly by independents and small distillers who now proudly proclaim "no additives, no coloring, no chill filtering".

Enjoy..