Hello from Winn

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Winn
Landlubber

Hello from Winn

Post by Winn »

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the join. I'm a novice rum drinker, just getting into this delicious drink again after many years away.

Also I just came in from my deck where I had a good cigar and a rum and coke. So I'm trying really hard not to botch the spelling...

So far in the last month I have purchased a bottle of Myers Dark, Goslings Black Seal, Cap'n Morgan Spiced, and Sailor Jerry's. I gotta admit I liked'em all. Myers has become my favorite mixed with Coke though. But again they're all good.

So anyway I look forward to continuing reading the great reviews and enjoying this delicious drink.

Thanks!

Winn
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Welcome....

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Hey Winn, welcome to this corner of the E-verse where I hope you will find some honest information about rum and rum tasting. Rum can make a mighty tasty mixed drink, but this forum spends more time with sipping rums - although it's fair to say that the better the rum, the better the mixed drink as well.

I urge you to visit our companion site - the main Rum Project website: click here. At the home site you will find a number of articles covering the five basic styles of rum, choice of tasting glasses, how to go about tasting a rum and so on, plus many more factoids of varying interest to the new rum drinker.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions...