Real McCoy 12 Yo Limited Madeira/Bourbon Cask

Barbados: the defacto home of the original reference classic rum as we know it. God bless the Queen! And Mount Gay!
Guevara88
Bo'sun's Mate

Real McCoy 12 Yo Limited Madeira/Bourbon Cask

Post by Guevara88 »

Hey fellow afficionados,

in a recent online order I could not hold my hands off the latest offering coming from Foursquare. It is called "The Real McCoy 12 Years Old Limited Edition" and apparently has been aged in Madeira & Bourbon barrels.

I will probably open the bottle in the coming days but was wondering whether any of you has experience with the product.

Using the search function I stumbled across a post by Capn Jimbo about the "Real McCoy" but did not find a reference to Foursquare anywhere. Since Foursquare is one of the most trusted distilleries I know I assume that Jimbo was talking about something else. mamajuana compared the non-limited edition "Real McCoy" to Foursquare 9 YO port finish and it seemed to hold its ground (which sounds promising to me since I LOVE Foursquare 9 YO port finish).

So bottom line again: Any experience with the product?

I will post my thoughts as soon as the deed has been done.

Cheers!
Nomad
Bo'sun

Post by Nomad »

I have the regular Real McCoy 12 and have been nursing a bottle for a few years. FWIW, it's not different enough for me to pay almost double the price compared to the very similar Doorly 12yo which has more pot still rum in the blend. Now at a higher proof, I'm sure it is a somewhat different animal and more of a unique experience. If money is not a big concern, then I am sure it's a good purchase!
'We put all our politicians in prison as soon as they’re elected. Don’t you?’
‘Why?’
‘It saves time.’ -Terry Pratchett via The Last Continent