Preacher: gets Style!

Bet you never thought you'd see this one on a respectable forum. But this forum is hardly respectable, and neither is rum! This section is for the forbidden: rum and religion, politics and sex. Here's to Frank Zappa and Catholic Girls!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Preacher: gets Style!

Post by Capn Jimbo »

You bet he does!

It's been a great while since I left the Ministry of Rum Promotion and their fearless prophet, the Preacher of Rum. Back when he and I were going at it over his misrepresentation of Barbancourt, among a couple other things, he neatly rejected my published "Case for Rum Reference Standards", which defined five basic "styles" of rum, and a reference standard for each.

The Preacher pulled his tongue out of his beaker of rum long enough to do a classic spit take, and laughed off my silly notion. "It's all good... we don't need no steenking styles" was the thrust and jive of his position. Apart from distinguishing rum into the categories of "AOC Martinque" factory cane juice rum, and all the molasses rums, well - that was about it.

Styles were just silly.

Not any more. I hadn't been to his now redesigned website for many months, but needed a minor factoid, logged in and noticed a new section wherein the Master of the Rum Universe offers "Sugar Cane Spirits Seminars" to both the trade and public. In just 2 or 3 hours he'll discuss distillation, modern production, blending and aging of rum. And, whaddya know...

"Style of Sugar Cane Spirits"?!

What's that Preach? Are you serious? So for all the bluster and denial you finally came around to my point of view. Good on you for that. I sure hope you're giving me or Dave Broom some credit.

I won't hold my breath.

Am I hurt? Nope, why bother? After all, "it's all good"- and it sure feels like poetic justice to me...