Trick: Rum Trick...............

Rum drinks, rumcake, hot buttered rum, rum glazed ribs, Bermudan rum chowder, rum balls and bollocks. This be the place and it's all good. To the cook! Eat, drink and be Mary!
Seadog
Landlubber

Trick: Rum Trick...............

Post by Seadog »

Washed up on the beach....I will pass along a Rum Trick...I picked up on the west coast of Costa Rica...Head out to your Green Grocer.....Pick up about six Coconuts.....Drill a whole threw one of the eyes..about one half an inch..empty the coconut water...( let it drain well)...with a small funnel...refill the coconut...with cheap white rum...Plug the whole...I wittle a small Bamboo plug...( Think Chop sticks or dowel rod )...Push the bung even or very slightly below the shell...Seal the indentation with hot wax....Place ( Bung up) in a cool dark place...for a minimum of six months.....a great christmas gift...After storage ...drive the bung threw and drain the Coconut Rum into a glass...strain threw a coffee filter...Break open the nut..Toast the meat...I cut it into strips...break out the reciepes for your favorite mixed Rum drink...use your Coconut rum .............Enjoy.....More Rum Tricks ( involving a Chicken and Fire ) More Later...Seadog...

Capn's Log: if you'll pardon the pun, what a smashing idea. Floridians don't even have to go to the grocer. This post will also be posted under recipes. Great contribution, thank you.
THE WIND IS BACKING