Bill's Booze Blog

The Rum Project is non-commercial and proudly so. Still occasions arise when a commercial plug is in order. But unlike the other rum bozos, my plugs will be (a) few and (b) deserved and (c) made crystal clear. Live with it.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Bill's Booze Blog

Post by Capn Jimbo »

As you may have noted we don't get - or I reject - lots of registrations. There's a subset of net users that just love to register at websites, then never, EVER participate.

So why join? And you call me an idiot?

Recently a guy named Bill Connelly joined, and as is my practice I checked out his registration data and noted he had a website: Bill's Booze Blog. I'm a sucker for alliteration andl of course I had to check it out - and was very pleasantly surprised by this well designed, attractive and informative blog.

Very nice.

The first entry I saw was for Monte D el Fra Valpolicella Superiore Classico Repasso. Trust me I know nothing, not a whit about wine. But I love Italian food and a good Sicilian pizza, not to mention The Godfather III and of course, all with a nice glass of Chianti. Vin Ordinaire, but over the years I had discovered that the Valpolicella wines were delicious.

Bill's blog explained the wine in a way that even I could understand and appreciate. Valpolicella is a region in Italy, the Superiore means aged for 12 months, the Classico means produced in the region and the Repasso means the wine gets a second fermentation with the pomace of Amarone and Recioto.

I'll spare you the detail, but let it be said that "Bill" is a great writer, connects with the common man, er idiots among us and brings clarity, wit and accessible understanding to the reader. He covers a wide variety of booze. In the few minutes I spent there I saw articles on wine, both cane juice and molasses rums, a liqueur, a special cider and a Trappist beer. Basta!

The link:
Bill's Booze Blog