Unsupportable Claims Department: Avion Tequila (?)

Great tasters note that one way to better your understanding of a spirit is to try others. We've already tried calvados, cognac, armangnac, tequila, whisky and gin. Here's some of the more unusual spirits and drinks. Mead me halfway on this, woncha?
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Unsupportable Claims Department: Avion Tequila (?)

Post by Capn Jimbo »

And here we go again...

I happened upon yet another butt kissing (Tequila IS aged in ex-bourbon butts) review by our distiller copy spewing Canadian wannabee reviewer, wherein I learned that Aquila Tequila makes the following claims...

1. Aquila claims to use an "Extra Slow Filtration Process" that is "Ten times longer than other tequilas to be exact”.

2. They - and their faithful Artic reviewer - then claim that this extra special process results in "...the smoothest Silver, Reposado and Añejo varietals in the world."

Gee whiz wow, gang! Them is some claims, eh? So natch, I hadda sent the boyz this friendly email...
On your webpage I was interested to read of your “Ultra Slow Filtration Process”, that you claim is “Ten times longer than other tequilas to be exact”. Wow, that’s some claim! What are the popular tequilas to which you refer?

Cordially,
Capn Jimbo
The Rum Project: the internet’s largest independent rum and spirits website.
Surely, Aquila can back up their claims, right? I can't wait to hear them back them up. Should we hold our collective breaths? You decide...

Capn's Log: Many weeks later I actually got a response, which amounted to a dodge. The distiller declined to name a single tequila, nor discuss their process in any way.
Last edited by Capn Jimbo on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
NCyankee
Admiral

Post by NCyankee »

Smooth tequila is boring.