A new horizon

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
gjbagwell
Landlubber

A new horizon

Post by gjbagwell »

Hi. My name is Glen Bagwell and I am about 8 months into my discovery of quality rums. Previously, as others, I hadn't a clue other than I posessed some Bacardi light and knew I liked the flavor of Myer's dark. Thank the universe for this site!

I now have acquired the complete recommended beginner's collection (aside from Brinley's coffee, and I substituted El Dorado 12 for the 15) as well as about 20 or so other varieties. My wife likes to say I don't have a drinking problem, but rather an alcohol buying problem. That being said she loves that I make drinks for her and loves exploring the nuances of rum almost as much as I do - or at least she's doing a good job of humoring me.

I must say I am jealous of some of the prices the Capn is paying (I'm in Southern California).

I'm glad to be a part of this site and can't wait to learn more.
-Bagwell
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

A big shout out!

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome!

Glen, Sue Sea and I are always pleased to welcome new posters like you. Believe me, I can't tell you how many times dear Sue Sea tolerated yet another of my then uninformed purchases. We now have well over 200 fine spirits and we've become very, very selective.

Actually, that's the whole idea behind The Rum Project. No other site - and most are commercial in some sense - covers the basics of rum - the styles and the quality/purity or lack of the same. It is so very, very important to have reference standards for each style, to which new rums can be compared.

Otherwise we end up with huge collections of crap promoted by drinkers who also have such collections and seem to want to simply spread the pain. But enough!

You are very, very welcome...