Hello from bj2

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
bj2
Landlubber

Hello from bj2

Post by bj2 »

Hi, CJ and the team,
I am coming from Europe … and I am also a Caribbean islands lover (Cuba, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Dominican Republic, …). I went there several times and initially discovered/started with “rhum arrange”, “ti punch” and ended by tasting their different local rums.
I am very interested about aging & flavouring when the flavour is subtle. Past year, I discover the http://durhum.com/ website. I learned a lot and understood that some (a lot !) rums were abnormally twisted with sugar and probably other chemical add’on.
This is this website which directs me to your Rum Project !!!
Happy to be now part of the Project
Bj2
Bj2
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Re: Hello from bj2

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome!

The Project was actually begun in 2006 when I'd had quite enough of the Minister of Rum. Since then we provided a home for some of the world's great rum afficianados. You'll find many thousands of long and informative posts about rum, but also a few other subjects. There is more material at this forum than all the other rum review sites on the net together.

I took a break to go find and buy a sailboat (my new home) but I'm back and really look forward to your posts, questions and contributions. Thanks for joining...