Gosling's Dark 'N Stormy: It's really special...

Rum drinks, rumcake, hot buttered rum, rum glazed ribs, Bermudan rum chowder, rum balls and bollocks. This be the place and it's all good. To the cook! Eat, drink and be Mary!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Gosling's Dark 'N Stormy: It's really special...

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Are "Signature Drinks" worth signing?

Susie and I had a bit of tough day, the kind that a good drink can transition and punctuate, hopefully with a period. I'd purchased some authentic Jamaican ginger beer (common here in South Florida), and which - trust me - is intense and full of ginger. Susie saw it in the fridge and reflecting on our dark rum comparison of dark rums, said "You know, I think I'd like a Dark N' Stormy".

"Done!" I said, and quickly mixed up this simple but classic drink - simply two-to-one (beer to Gosling's), with a slice of lime, and in our case served in a freezer chilled glass and freshly crushed ice. Unlike some mixed drinks, the Dark 'N Stormy can be savored as - per Susie - the intense ginger slows you down.

And the point is?

It was delicious. It so happens that there really are a handful of signature drinks that really work perfectly for the named spirit and distiller who developed and trademarked them. The Dark 'N Stormy works, and works beautifully with Gosling's Black Seal.

Another, even better, is the Pusser's Painkiller. More difficult but when made with freshly squeezed orange juice, and perhaps even pineapple juice and the amazing, thick Coco Loco sweetened coconut slurry and freshly grated nutmeg - and featuring the Jamaican style and super-classic British Royal Navy rum, well...

Simply heavenly. We highly recommend making these two drinks - especially the Painkiller, truly memorable and special.