Sleepy

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
sleepy
King of Koffee

Sleepy

Post by sleepy »

Greetings. Call me Sleepy. I'm a retired academic living in Atlanta with my lovely wife of 30 years (Pat) and our crazy bird dog (Dino - a Griffon). Retirement entails fishing, woodworking and passing pleasant afternoons with friends and adult beverages.

I've been fond of rum for years, but have only begun exploring beyond Mount Gay, Appleton and Myers in the past couple of years.

My preferences lean distinctly toward drier rums: Mount Gay, Flor de Caña, Barbencourt 5 star, Cruzan Single Barrel.

I'm learning the sweeter style rums (Pat's preference) become more approachable for me simply by adding ice, but as a converted whiskey guy, I doubt I'll ever convert. One exception - I keep a bottle of Zaya around as an occasional after-dinner liqueur. Pat likes El Dorado 12, Matusalem and Agnotura 7.

Favorite rum: Havana Club 7 (good motivation for travel :D)
Favorite bargain rum: Flor de Caña 4
Rum I'm still waiting to find: RL Seale

BTW - I love the simple, straightforward terminology Jimbo and Sue have developed and the compact reviews presented. Hopefully, I can contribute as we adventure forward.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome...

...to our merry band of afficianados who prefer and promote fine, pure rums - and who stand opposed to the use of unlabeled additives and flavorings. There are a group of highly talented posters who have been kind enough to post their views. Look forward to yours...
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Welcome Sleepy.
An apt name for a quiet forum. There are some interesting threads herein.

However, traffic is fairly sparse so don't be surprised or discouraged. We all look in and the members (apart from myself) only post when they have something worth saying.

Perhaps with my periodical waffling and the recruitment of your 6 brothers we can get more informative and chat worthy threads going.

I'm sipping a glass of Doorly's now in honour of the new rum nut.
in goes your eye out