new from east Tennessee

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Mike.357
Cabin Boy

new from east Tennessee

Post by Mike.357 »

Hi my name is Mike (duh).

I am a fan of rum, love the taste and best of all it has an ample amount of that one little ingredient that makes me like it. I became a rum junkie when we lived in Boca Raton. My wife would always pick up a bottle of Appleton's Special when we had a hurricane warning so I could have my own hurricane party. The selection of rums in south Florida is way better than Knoxville TN.

I have worked in the wine and spirits business off an on for quite a few years. I have been on both sides working for wholesalers and retailers.

I am currently employed at the largest by volume package store in east Tennessee. Most of the people I work with have an area of expertise in various wine and spirits. I consider myself the store's rum guy. But I do realize there is always more to learn. And more rum to try.
Pain or damage don't end the world. or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. -Al Swearengen (Deadwood)
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

G'day Mike.

Welcome.
in goes your eye out
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Yes, welcome!

Hi Mike....

Good on you, and I'm sure you know Phil Prichard from the island of Kelso, Tennessee and his wonderful and amazing pot stilled rums...
Mike.357
Cabin Boy

Post by Mike.357 »

Unfortunately I have never met Phil.

I have met and drank with his son. In addition to their rums they have a product called Sweet Lucy Cream. He sampled me with it. Heavenly stuff, but I am not so sure I can drink it regularly. If you are looking for a Bailey's type product I would recommend the Sweet Lucy Cream.

They do distill all their spirits in TN. I believe they are the fourth largest distiller here.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Pain or damage don't end the world. or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. -Al Swearengen (Deadwood)