Hello All ..

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
IllinoisBoy
Landlubber

Hello All ..

Post by IllinoisBoy »

I've been brewing beer and making wine and mead for 23 years and distilling going on 14 years . I use an 11 gallon pot still w/ a copper worm condenser . Glad to see others who enjoy this hobby and hope to learn some new techniques and recipes to make things easier . Thanx
jankdc
Cap'n

Post by jankdc »

Welcome!

While a few of us brew or have brewed, I don't know if many have distilled. There is a great knowledge of distilling here, but maybe more theoretical than practical. Anyways, I look forward to you sharing your knowledge with us.
Rum Reviews Rankings and Cheat Sheet
References: MGXO, R Mat. GR, Scar Ibis, Apple 12, Barb 5, Pusser's, Wray and Neph, ED 15, 10Cn, West Plant, R Barc Imp.
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Welcome, I have given distilling a crack but am by no means an ex spurt.

Have you made any rum?

What is it you normally use the your pot to make?
in goes your eye out
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome. I too am fascinated with home distilling and can't wait for the laws to loosen up for individual use. It's bound to happen, and the sooner the better.

Feel free to start a thread - who knows - we may end up with a distiller's section...
IllinoisBoy
Landlubber

Answers ..

Post by IllinoisBoy »

Only made Rum twice , a light Rum and a dark Rum . Actually used a 5 gallon pot still to make them . I think both turned out very tasty ...
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

welcome to the forum