Change is Constant Dept: New and Improved Section. Or not.

Bet you never thought you'd see this one on a respectable forum. But this forum is hardly respectable, and neither is rum! This section is for the forbidden: rum and religion, politics and sex. Here's to Frank Zappa and Catholic Girls!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Change is Constant Dept: New and Improved Section. Or not.

Post by Capn Jimbo »

It's good, it's bad, it's better, it's worse...

One of the original sections established here at the intergalactically famous Rum Project was "Rum and Sex". This of course was my cheap and devious attempt to promote the forum. Still - it was not entirely without merit as rum over the years has been a straight pour into that voluptuous blonde's panties. There were actually some legitimate posts of rum in books and the media that involved - yes - rum and sex.

The section subhead went further:
Bet you never thought you'd see this one on a respectable forum. But this forum is hardly respectable, and neither is rum! This section is for the forbidden: rum and religion, politics and sex. Here's to Frank Zappa and Catholic Girls!
This was actually more prescient than I really realized, particularly inasmuch as these verboten subjects tend to result in arguments, extreme disagreements and in the case of that luscious blonde - a deserved slap in the face.

Accordingly...

The title of the section "Rum and Sex" has now been amended to highlight what the subhead already stated, to "Rum, Religion, Politics and Sex". This will be an excellent section to reraise old and well established issues, or to raise new and exciting argumentative ones - and - to encourage same in a section designed for bullshit and anti-bullshit. Or not, lol...

My suggestion to those who wish to cry "fire!" in the theatre (or "banana!" in the jungle) are encouraged do so in this specially annointed section via razor sharp focus on a single and very narrowly expressed subject: that can be then fully debated - sans excessive repetition or meandering among the daisies of course.

If a post in another section provided the inspiration, it should be linked for reference, eh?