Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum
Rum Appreciation by and for the Compleat Idiot

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rum Review: Wray & Nephew's Rum Cream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Spiced, Flavored and Postprandial Rums
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you rate Wray & Nephew's Rum Cream (five is best)?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Rum Review: Wray & Nephew's Rum Cream Reply with quote

Wray & Nephew's Rum Cream: "Mango Pumpkin Pie"

You're about to enjoy a short series of reviews of spiced and dessert rums. Actually we've had these around for awhile, but there are so many rums, so little time. In this flight we tried El Dorado's Golden Rum Cream, Foursquare Spiced Rum and this: Wray and Nephew's Rum Cream (15% alcohol).

As mentioned in the El Dorado review, most cream liqueurs taste a lot like Bailey's Irish Cream and the El Dorado was no exception. Not the Wray and Nephew!

Sue Sea and Me:

Quote:
We received the Wray and Nephew's as a gift in a 200 ml amber glass bottle. Like the Overproof, this rum cream comes in a no-nonsense, classic round bottle with a medium "puffed" neck and relatively simple label. Alcohol content is a mere 15%, despite being made with Wray & Nephew's Overproof.

On first pour we noted this rum cream is notably thicker and heavier than the El Dorado. For aroma, Sue Sea found a definite mango - I picked up a fruit and cacao. Tastewise Sue Sea founr this rum cream was consistent with a lovely mango, cacao, pumpkin, nutmeg and allspice. I found the taste to be of tropical fruit and a lightly sweet chocolate.

To be fair we expected a cloying or coating aftertaste, but were surprised to find the opposite. Very nice.

In sum, Wray and Nephew's Rum Cream is of high quality, suprisingly complex and tasty. It is the first rum cream we've had where the spirit's component made itself known to such an extent.

Rating (10 is best): 7.

Go to Save Caribbean Rum Petition!

Last edited by Capn Jimbo on Sat May 22, 2010 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Pyrate Surgeon
Cabin Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Wray & Nephew's Rum Cream Reply with quote

uh...pardon me?? Where can this interesting creamed blend be found--or should I say, who's leg should I amputate to have a sample??
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: You got me by the nads... Reply with quote

I wish I could tell you where to find it. Wray & Nephews - made by Wray and her nephews, really - is a household item in all but a handful of Jamaican households. The overproof is easy to find. The rum cream? I wish.

I can't even find it here in South Florida and our handy location means we have access to almost everything. If you find one, tell me...

Go to Save Caribbean Rum Petition!
NCyankee
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a place where it is "expected in stock" this month - Total Wine in Atlanta - but it is not cheap, $20 for a 200 ml bottle.

Oddly enough I checked the TW in Orlando (where I will be in June) and it does not show up in their inventory.

I found it in online inventory at a place in NJ - Wine Chateau - but not actually in stock. Their price was a much better $10.69 (on sale reg $15)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Spiced, Flavored and Postprandial Rums All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: