Adulterations

Coffee, cigars and rum go togther like priests and choirboys. Indeed the brothers are known to have a tipple now and then. Oh and some rum, cigars and Belgian beer as well, lol...
sleepy
King of Koffee

Adulterations

Post by sleepy »

Normally (i.e. my morning pot o'), I just drink my filtered or pressed coffee black, enjoying the evolution of flavors as it cools. Then again, there are times when the coffee Jones demands more. This is the thread for your favorite coffee drink recipes.

Some that are favorites:

Up before dawn camped on a beautiful trout stream preparing to catch big fish or fall in freezing water and fill your waders :? : duh, strong coffee and Bailey's! Add Jameson's to the coffee (or a favored rum) for the later tall tale sessions!

After a good dinner with guests a) a bright filter coffee with a splash of Cointreau b) a double shot of espresso w/ 1 oz. of Vandermint mint/milk chocolate liqueur, 1/2 oz. Gran Marnier - liqueurs steamed briefly to warm. c) double espresso w/ Bailey's frothed and a splash of Jameson's to restore a bit of punch.

Your favs?

Capn's Log: Boy do you have good taste! Nice...
Bearman
Cabin Boy

Why no response?

Post by Bearman »

I was intrigued when I saw your post. I love coffee, and I love to mix it with alcohol, so naturally I anticipated some interesting new options for my cup of joe. No such luck it seems.

In Denmark we have this very popular coffee drink called coffee punch, which is a mix of Rød Ålborg (schnapps) sugar (in this context referred to as punch flour) and coffee. Traditionally it is served in a cup with a painting in the bottom, and only when the painting becomes visible you are allowed to stop adding schnapps.

I prefer it like this: 2cl schnapps, 2 teaspoons of sugar in a coffee mug. It is probably an acquired taste, but I like it :)
Bearman
Cabin Boy

Whoops

Post by Bearman »

And fill up with coffee, unless you want a short evening.
sleepy
King of Koffee

Post by sleepy »

Sounds tasty Bear, or dangerous, ... or both!

What is the flavoring of the schnapps?
Bearman
Cabin Boy

Post by Bearman »

Cumin.. I know it's an odd combination, but it is in fact rather tasty..